- Purchased a 2008 Jeep Wrangler and had a horrible dealer experience
- Modified, Upgraded and Enjoyed the Jeep for 2 years
- In 2010, my wife is involved in an accident with a young adult who made two illegal maneuvers in a row–right on red without stopping or looking, followed by an immediate u-turn
- $11,000 plus dollars in damage to the Jeep and it is a trade-in within weeks of returning
- Purchased a Honda Pilot for 13 months and hated it for being boring and common
- Returned to the same Jeep dealership to purchase the new Jeep after realizing that all of the other Phoenix Jeep dealers were worse
I really struggled with going back to Power’s Jeep because of my first experience. This time we met Aaron and he was great to work with during the search and negotiations. He is a big man with tons of Jeep experience (and some BMW E30 tales); he was new to the sales game but worked with us to find a “Plain Jane” Jeep.
Within a couple of weeks and some manual labor we transformed her into a Rubicon knock-off using Craigslist and $800. We set to buying, trading and reselling Jeep parts to secure Rubicon wheels, tires, rock rails and suspension. Don’t overlook searching Craigslist in your future upgrade projects–know your vehicle and check the details. We did a few other upgrades like tinting the lights, removing decals, painting the muffler and towhook and doing a grill insert for only another $20.
Look for more upgrades and adventures in the future. Jeeps and Arizona go hand-in-hand.